Sunday, January 23, 2011

365 Project – Arizona Skies


When I first moved to Arizona, I took many pictures of the landscapes near my home in Mesa. This was before I became really serious about my photos. One friend made a comment that is the inspiration for this 365 project. She told me to take more photos but include “more of that gorgeous sky!”

She was absolutely right. The sky here is fantastic. Part of the reason is that there are very few trees to block out the sky so you get to see more of it. The other reason is that it’s so dry that the sky tends to be a really clear, deep blue color. When there are clouds, they are generally very dramatic looking.

Another reason I decided on the sky for a subject is that I am starting this on my birthday. I am an Aquarius, which is an air sign, so it seemed a bit fitting.

All of the photos in the project will in some way incorporate the sky. Most will have some sort of foreground scene. Of course, I may not be in Arizona ever day for the next 365 days, so there may be a few times that I’ll have to post skies outside of Arizona. You’ve been warned.

My first photo I managed to take this morning at sunrise. Quite fitting – the beginning photo taken at the beginning of the day.

Well, I hope you enjoy the next 365 days!! Click the link below to see the first photo.

Click here to view the photo

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see what you come up with. I adore sky photos!!

    ReplyDelete